Using your Impact Widgets
Widgets are a simple and quick way for you to access and share certain information from apps such as B1G1. Some common widgets that you might have used are a Calendar widget, which provides a quick view of the upcoming events in your calendar without having to open the Calendar application or a Weather widget to show you today's weather on your phone without having to open the Weather app.
Examples of common widgets.
IN THIS ARTICLE
There are in total 9 types of widgets in your B1G1 account and there will definitely be one for you!
B1G1 SDG Widget: This widget tracks your company’s giving based on the impact goal you have set and the counts stated there reflect the impacts created on your company account for the period you stated in the widget setting.
B1G1 Widget: This widget displays the impacts your company has created across the B1G1 projects. This tracks the total impacts created in the company account and all accounts linked to the company. This includes any impacts made in the main business owner's own personal account, as well as any impacts created by your active employees.
- Global Impact Widgets: This widget provides a breakdown of the impacts your company has created in some of the main Impact Categories. The easiest way to grow these numbers is via B1G1's Global Projects. Click on the </> icon to get the embed code to feature these impacts on your website.
- B1G1 SDG Widget: This widget provides a breakdown of the impacts your company has created in alignment with each Sustainable Development Goal (SDG). Click on the </> icon to get the embed code to feature these impacts for specific SDGs on your website.
Note: SDG impacts are split across the trackers. For example, a project that provides food to school children is making impacts to both SDG 2: Zero Hunger and SDG 4: Quality Education. When you create 10 impacts with this project, each SDG tracker increases by 5.
- B1G1 Community Widget: This widget shows the total giving impacts created by the entire B1G1 community.
- Business for Good Map Banner: This widget is a great visual display of the geographical impact you have created across the globe.
- Your total impact widget: This is a great way to share your total impacts on your website.
- Your leveraged impacts widget: This is a great way to share your leveraged impacts on your website.
- Recurring Impacts widget: This allows you to share the impacts you've made through Recurring Impacts. It is also unique as it is the only animated widget.
Note: Widgets 1-8 can be found on your Impact Widgets page, while the Recurring Impact widget can be found on the Recurring Impact page.
Finding your Widgets
Impact Widgets page
All widgets with the exception of Recurring Impact will be found on this page.
To get to this page, click on Share > Impact Widgets in your top navigation bar.
Recurring Impacts widget
Each Recurring Impact has it's own unique widget. To find your Recurring Impacts widget, head to the Recurring Impact page, locate the specific story you are looking for, click on the ... icon, and choose Embed.
Embedding the Widgets on Your Website
Displaying the B1G1 widgets on your website is easy. Here's how:
Choose a widget from above
Copy the widget code
Paste the code into your website wherever you want your widget to appear. It's that simple!
Need help adding the embed code to your website?
Specific instructions for certain website platforms are linked below.
If you are still unsure on how to embed a widget on your website, your web developer would be the best person to ask.
Why doesn't the SDG widget count match my impact history?
SDG impacts are spread across the trackers. For example, a project that provides food to school children is making impacts to both SDG 2: Zero Hunger and SDG 4: Quality Education. When you create 10 impacts with this project, each SDG tracker increases by 5.
My employee created impacts in their account but it's not turning up in our company's Total Impacts, why is that?
Employee impacts - when they pay with their own money - it is not counted as a part of the company impacts. Only employee impacts created with Impact Tokens are included in the company's Total Impacts.